School Season is Here. Make sure your smile is ready!
September 20, 2018
School Season is Here
Make sure your smile is ready!
Kids and their parents prepare for school to begin by gathering new school supplies and clothes. It’s also the beginning of new schedule changes and habits, which can be a perfect time to support good dental health too!
Here are 3 back to school tips for kids healthy teeth.
1. Take your kids to the dentist
Start the new school year off right with a dental cleaning and exam.
2. Pick dental healthy snacks
Avoid salty snacks that may seem healthy because they don’t have sugar but they also form a sticky coating on teeth and promote decay. Stay away from candies and sugary granola bars and opt for healthy crunchy snacks like celery sticks, baby carrots, apples and cube or slices of cheese.
3. Brushing and flossing can be fun
We all (kids included) should be brushing twice a day for two minutes at a time and flossing every evening. Here are a few tricks to make it more exciting:
- Let your kids put a sticker on each day of a calendar that they brush and floss.
- Play some favorite music to them while they brush/floss.
- Have your Child pick out their favorite toothbrush to use at the store.
We hope you and your kids have a wonderful school year! If you need to schedule an appointment just give us a call or request on on our website.